Have Some Sense of Virtue  

Posted by pamG

     Adolescence. Ah...everything seems young and fresh and vibrant. Love blossoms and Adventures begin.  Life is just getting started and everything around us just begs to be discovered. Yes, everything.
      Let’s face the fact that lots of us experience love and romance. Let’s face the fact that some of us just crave for more. Let’s face the fact that some of us take it to the next level.  But don’t we have some morality left? This is a touchy subject, so forgive my… improper words.
     Our virginity is our best gifts to our future husbands and wives. Why don’t we preserve it for them, and only them? Sure, they’d love us no matter what, but don’t you want to really show that you would have given yourself to him and only him?
      Last Saturday, September 18, 2010, our school held a seminar about Human Sexuality for the third and fourth years. The third years had the morning shift while the fourth years had the afternoon shift. It was very meaningful and interesting. But a part that I couldn’t take off my mind until after I reached home was the gruesome clip of the mother giving birth to her child. It was not bloody, which I didn’t expect because I know that giving birth IS bloody, but they really closed up on the view of the baby coming out of the mother. Exactly the situation and event and they didn’t even place a warning! Ah! Most of my batch mates screamed and all that but I didn’t. I was actually laughing at them and watching carefully the process. This probably says that I still got my dad’s gene of being a doctor…hahaha..
      In this seminar, it’s as if they just repeated what we already know. I mean, yeah, sure they DID enlighten us more but this seminar seems redundant because those things they discussed were some basic things that we, at our young age, already know. (I blame this on the media! They infect and destroy the minds of the youth slowly and carefully, with us unaware.) So, basically, I define the seminar as somewhat …boring…
      Still, it was quite informative and they did add some more things to ponder upon. Let’s give them that effort…Hahaha… At least, they still broadened our knowledge. And, I therefore conclude, they should continue with this seminar for all the oncoming juniors and seniors. I just hope that they could make it more interesting because, the whole time we were there, they just instructed us to seat and to listen.
      Kidding aside, this reality is no laughing matter. Lots of teenagers get pregnant and start a family of their own at very young ages. Then, eventually, others want to run away from their responsibilities. Maybe this is one of the causes leading to broken families and divorce.

      So, I’m warning you right now. Let’s all make our oaths of promises.
I promise to restrain myself and all my hormones until I get married. I promise not to join in activities that could encourage this urges. I promise to keep my family in tact, which I would have in the future (which is 10 years more if you have the same age like me). I promise to take care of my family. And lastly, I promise to keep my promises.

     Now, that was a simple oath right?


A piece of thought:
When faced with temptation, it’s best to keep your head straight. Walk straight-up and ahead. Don’t mind the other travelers going for the detour. Just go your own way and eventually, you would find someone there. He might have been someone you traveled with but never really noticed; or he might be someone who traveled using another road but also reached where you are destined to go because he did not bother to risk taking the detour. Either way, you’d see, he is someone you would want to travel with during the rest of the journey.


Creative Commons License
Have Some Sense of Virtue by PamG is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.watcomsngoes.blogspot.com.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2010 at Wednesday, September 22, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment